Sunday, June 1, 2014

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to our blog! Thank you for visiting. This blog is about censorship in China. Here you will learn about what censorship is, why you should care about it, and what you can do about censorship. You can read editorials comparing censorship to themes of ignorance in Oedipus Rex, multiple perspectives in Persepolis, respect in Things Fall Apart, and speaking out in Night. You can fully utilize this blog by first getting an idea of what censorship is in the "Overview," reading through the editorials and commenting, and then finally reading about what you can do about censorship. This blog was created to spread awareness on how censorship violates the human right of freedom of expression and encourages people to take action. Thank you for visiting our blog!


Watch this video to learn more about censorship in China:

4 comments:

  1. Insightful commentary on this troubling issue in China.

    KTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informational, great job!

    Taylor Dapkevich

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how the video gave a short explanation of censorship before I started reading the editorials. I had no idea that censorship was so big in China. Im glad that I was able to learn more through these great editorials. I am grateful that we dont have censorship to that extent in the United States, and that I am able to speak my mind on the internet without having to fear that the government is going to come after me.
    TSM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting topic! This is a great issue to raise awareness to.
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete